Sin categoría

Water Board Build Over Agreement

As Thames Water is legally responsible for the maintenance of these sewers and drains, construction agreements are in place to ensure that these elements have been taken into account when designing the foundations you propose. Browse digdat to find our public sewer lines and water pipes. Under no circumstances do we allow construction over a sewer or side drain if: No construction contract has been concluded, the seller must have a CCTV inspection of the sewer carried out and transmit the images to the water company. If the water company is satisfied that the sewer is in good condition, it will issue an administrative letter confirming that the sewer is in satisfactory condition. The comfort letter usually convinces the buyer and their mortgage lender that the water company will not take steps to demolish the offensive structure above the public sewer. When building a development, you need to make sure that there are no public sewers in the planned work area. The other option is for the seller to give the buyer liability insurance to protect themselves from financial losses incurred by building the property in a public sewer. This is the fastest and cheapest option, but whether or not insurance is available depends on the circumstances of each case. When you sell your property, we know that the sewer/drain has been overdeveloped and that the work is in accordance with our approval. Upon request, we will confirm this information to individuals or mortgage lenders acting on behalf of a potential buyer. Any building inspection body operating under our “Protocol” will refer all cases where a construction agreement on construction may be required of us for further investigation.

In certain circumstances, we may issue a subsequent construction agreement if work has already been done over or near a public sewer. This is just one exception. If you can meet certain conditions, your project will be approved and we will let you continue your construction without having to contact us again. So what is a sewer or public drain, in simple terms, a sewer serving more than one piece of land fall within the scope of a Thames Water Build Over agreement. As well as runoff, and in particular the point where the drain pipe exceeds the boundary from one piece of land to another. A Thames Water Build Over agreement is required for all excavation work within a 3-metre radius of a public sewer or flow. Given the density of construction in London and other cities, this likely means that any work you want to do on your land, including excavations, will likely require verification and approval from Thames Water. . . .